I'm alive and well folks. Ups and downs on the rollercoaster. Plenty to say, just too lazy to write it all. Since I finally have something to say, I will. Lately there have been a few problems, in my life, in my home state, in the country, and around the world. I'm not going to bore you with what they are because odds are you're intelligent enough to know what they are or able to find out for yourself. Tonight, my insanity paints a picture of two types of people with two types of problems. If you want me to really think it out, you'd be waiting for a year as I write an entire book. Tonight you get my raw, as-I-think-it opinion for you to ponder.
I was watching these two shorts from current.tv. The first was called "$2 a day" and according to it 60% of people live on about $2 a day. They showed this family in Indonesia that literally lived off $2 a day, surrounded in poverty the worst of the worst of the worst ghettos. 1 meal a day. Things were hard but the family loved each other, supported each other, kept their honor, maintained their faith, prayed, but they were sad that they're family was in the position that it was in.
The second clip was called Juicy Campus. It was about the juicycampus.com site, an anonymous forum for the students of 50+ campuses that allows the users to say anything they want. No repercussions because it's anonymous. People say to very negative things about other people's race, religion, lifestyle, choices, etc. Slurs and slams a plenty. One day a girl looked up the word head and found her name in her school's section. She was hurt, sad, angry. She decided to announce herself in a post and said for the people who said what they said to say it to her face.
Both of the stories display 2 types of people is my opinion. The first story shows people with external problems. Problems like getting rent paid, making ends meet, raising kids, maintaining a job, etc. that effort to solve those problems occurs outside the mind. The second story is about internal problems. Problems like how a person feels they are perceived by other, how a person feels about themselves, what controls emotions and thoughts in general.
If a person has a lot of external problems, things that they need on the outside, they are often either filled with internal strengths like honor, integrity, loyalty, self-worth, motivation, discipline, etc. or they are too focused on the problems on the outside. They have mountains to climb. The world creates problems for them to solve because their inner is strong enough to take it and needs to be tested. If a person has internal problem, things they need in their mind and soul, they are often pretty well off. Not necessarily wealthy, but they have what they need and a good deal of what they want. Their minds don't have to worry about the external and create internal struggles and conflicts to prevent mental and life boredom.
I'm not saying any one's problems are not valid or not as important others. I should be shot if I thought that. I'm just saying people should think about the general source of their problems. If they do that, they can think about what they are lacking and, just as importantly, what they have in abundance. They could apply was they have to acquiring what they need. I think it would put things in a different perspective, counteract the negativity with optimism, prioritize efforts, and get things done. Talk amongst yourselves.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Problem Child
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment